Re: [Gimp-developer] [FEATURE] Some plug-in settings should be persistent accross sessions

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 09:45:46AM +0200, RaphaÃl Quinet <quinet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It would be nice if preferences for plug-ins survived session
> > changes. The way to do this might be in saving them to an rc file
> > without providing an interface to changing them in the normal
>
> I doubt that we can do this in the Right Way before the next release.
> Saving these preferences should be done by the core through a well-
> defined interface.

Maybe I misunderstand the problem, but all perl-plug-ins can do that (and
do that by default) without any extra interfaces, using parasites, for
ages.

They do that by default, though, and there is no UI to decide when to save
- every invocation will overwrite the per-image and global defaults for
the next invocation.

For the plug-in writer this is fully transparent (if she uses Gimp::Fu).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|