Re: (LONG) Problems with the GIMP (was: Re: [Gimp-developer]tentative GIMP 2.0 release plans)

At 23:22 27.07.03 +0000, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
[...]
>One irritating thing with GIMP on Windows currently is GTK bug
>#112402, I really need to fix that soon. GIMP's toolbox and some other
>windows are currently positioned with their title bar exactly off
>screen.

This is a regression of previous versions. IIRC it was caused
by the usage of gdk_eindow_new() with parameters 'in range' and
additional adjusted by SafeAdjustWindowRect and the code
later calling gdk_window_move with coordinates directly derived
from the current mouse cursor position.
Using SafeAdjustWindowRectEx in gdk/win32/gdkwindow-win32.c:996
appears to fix it.

>There also seems to be some handle leak when GIMP is starting up and
>queries all the plug-ins. Also, something needs to be done to #98737
>soon. (Perhaps related, I had to start GIMP at least four times before
>it got past all the plug-ins and wrote out the pluginrc file.)

I'm still using my somewhat hackish g_spawn_async version attached to
the bug report and don't have to restart at all under win9x during the
whole plug-in query phase.

	Hans