Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: new-xcf

Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

But you couldn't use any generic XML tools like validators or XSL
transformations. If we go for XML we should really make sure that we
make it proper XML, otherwise XML doesn't make sense at all. We could
then as well go for a sexp syntax. Actually the latter would be a lot
easier to implement since we could build on the established GimpConfig
framework.

I'm not going to argue it. I disagree that an XML preamble is useless becuase you can't XSLT the entire file just as much as I'd disagree if you said that saving a file to disk is useless because it's not a full core image.

You don't have to unpack the whole archive and you can use existing
widely-available tools to extract the parts you need.

Fair enough. When I save a file, I typically need the whole thing.

Chris