Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: development questions

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 17:48, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
> As already have been pointed out, lot of talk has been going about 2.0
> being the great change, and something else being in the middle. So
> IMHO going for 2.0 directly would cause a bit of confusion, so I do
> not see any real adventage about starting a number race.

FWIW - I agree.  2.0 has already been discussed at length as being a
target for GEGL support and there really isn't any need to jump revision
numbers other than "it makes the product sound mature."

I would say that shorter release time frames might be considered once
you do get to 2.0, but there isn't any real need to rush to that point.
You have plans.  They seem fairly good (you'll never get complete
agreement on everything, but you do the best you can).  Stick with those
plans.

Mozilla and Evolution are two big projects still in the 1.x range.
Linux itself was in 1.x for quite some time.  Getting to 2.x doesn't
need to be pushed, IMHO (except if your goal is to push GEGL support
integration).

--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                      http://www.graphics-muse.com