Re: [Gimp-developer] License question

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 02:19:00PM +0200, gimp-devel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I recently came across http://www.ftgimp.com/, which seems to sell an
> enhanced version of the GIMP (called "FT Gimp") for 19.95 to 29.95 USD.

which is fine, of course, except that I don't see any enhancements ;)

> based on the GIMP (outside of a button at the bottom of the main page that
> links to http://www.gimp.org/)

Well, a button is more than the minimum requirement...

> "FTGimp: Copyright (C) 2002-2003 FlamingText.com. All rights reserved. No
> reproduction allowed without permission."

That might indeed provoke the wrong impression to some people. However, I
do interpret this as meaning the site copyright, not the program, which is
ok.

To find out wether something really is fishy you'd need to look at what
you get and wether all the requirements set by the GPL are fulfilled ;)

(Personally I'd say it's a rip-off, nothing else ;)

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|