Re: [Gimp-developer] Slow preview on highres images

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno" <gwidion@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I was thinking abiut the subject , and came to a way of doing it -
> if PDB calls can be made normaly from inside these plugins - which I
> assume thay can, without problens.

We are not talking about plug-ins here. Previews for plug-ins are
handled by the GimpPreview widget that Ernst was working on and should
find its way into CVS soon (at least I hope that it will).

We are talking about tools here. The strategy how to handle this stuff
is pretty obvious and resembles what you suggested. The fact is that
such a change would affect a lot of core code since it should be
implemented on a relatively low level. This is something we can not do
at this point of the development. It should however be a design goal
for the upcoming redesign of the GIMP core.

Sven