Re: [Gimp-developer] How do I test my perl scripts?

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 07:20:39PM +0800, Kenny Law <kenny.law@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Then I try to run it by entering Gimp, and starting the Perl Server by going
> to Xtns->Perl->Server
>
> Nothing seems to come up at all, so I went ahead and typed ./whatever.pl

the perl server only outputs some text on the console (or whatever is
connected to the stdout of your gimp process). not seeing anything is,
   therefore, not a bad sign ;)

> Thing is, I did not save the pl file to the usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins directory.

that's ok.

> Is that gonna affect anything?

Not that I'd know.

> Can someone tell me an easy way to test my scripts without registering a
> script? Or do I need to register it because my script deals directly on
> an image?

If you want your script to show up in the menus, yes, you need to copy it
to a plug-ins directory.

If you just start it, it should open a dialog. If it is an <Image>-type
plug-in it should enable you to select the image and layer to work on (but
that is not heavily tested).

I assume nothing like this happens in your case?

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|