Re: [Gimp-developer] Plugin/Script/gimp source code:How do I draw a vertical line with just a click of a button?

On 2 Jun 2003, at 3:02, kenny.law@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have been cracking my head for the past day trying to think of a way
> to draw a vertical line with just a simple click of the mouse.
>
> Basically, what I have is this:
>
> On my image, I have two horizontal lines, I want a tool that will
> allow me to just click anywhere between these two lines and draw a
> vertical line(width of 1 pixel) connecting both horizontal lines.
>
> I have tried to think of ways to do it, like creating my own brush(too
> inaccurate), or writing a script to do it(no idea where to find the
> function to handle mouse events).
>
> Basically, the best idea that has come to me is to sort of go into the
> gimp source code and write a tool that basically works like the bucket
> fill tool(the button that has a paint bucket on it). I will just click
> anywhere between the two lines and this tool automatically helps me
> draw a straight vertical line across the two lines.
>
> Can anyone please advice me on a better way to do this(basically
> simpler way since I have no experience checking out gimp's source
> code), or maybe even telling me if the way I'm going is feasible. I
> really need some input here so if you need any clarifications, feel
> free to ask.

Click the first point.

Shift-click the second point.

For a more elaborate explanation, please read
<http://www.gimp.org/~sjburges/straightline/straightline.html>.

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx