Re: [Gimp-developer] 1.2.4

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 03:16:17PM +0200, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What's wrong with make dist in 1.2?
>
> It never worked in the plug-ins/perl directory. The way I did the
> prereleases was to make dist everything but gimp-perl and add
> gimp-perl to the tarball manually.

Hmm... I can guess what goes wrong - the default make dist target will
actually create a standalone gimp-perl distribution.

I don't know wether I can overwrite the dist target, but if so, what
would I need to do in it?

Would it suffice if the Makefile would simply copy all distribution files
into the packaging directory? That should be relatively easy, as the
MANIFEST lists (or should list) all files that need packaging.

So.. maybe it's easy to fix (i.e. it might be worth to fix it).

The other alternative would be to do seperate releases (i.e. rip it out).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|