Re: [Gimp-developer] Outdated docs: keybindings.txt and cheat_sheet.txt - any volunteers?

Hi,

Owen <oc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> While reworking the keybindings text and Quick Reference sheet,
> comparing with the latest CVS, 03/03/03, on a MDK 9 distro, there appear
> to be a lot of keybindings that no longer function but are shown on the
> dialogue box, eg
>
> Right clicking on the Layers dialogue box shows these hot keys which do
> not work, but mouse activation is OK

that is a bug and needs to be fixed. The layers dialog is being redone
at the moment, please be patient (or assume that the keys would work
as advertized).

Actually there was a plan to unify key bindings, i.e. remove colliding
bindings and make them work from all dialogs. I'm not sure if this is
still in the air but it would have to happen soon and it would
certainly ruin your work on updating the docs.

> Also, Ctrl + N seem useless on the Pattern, Gradient, Palettes or
> Brushes Dialogue .

do they? Why is that? I agree that "New Pattern doesn't make sense
since we don't have a way to create a new pattern yet. The other
bindings seem to make a lot of sense to me.

Salut, Sven