Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp and lcms

Hi,

J-F Maion <p0203@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am wondering why Gimp does not use lcms (little color management
> system - www.littlecms.com) libraries.
>
> I use lcms utilities to convert files (as, it seems, does the
> existing Gimp color management plugin), they work great, but I am
> still missing a critical feature: the ability to edit a file in a,
> say, Adobe RGB workspace (wider gammut than monitor) while seing it
> on my screen converted "on the fly" (i.e. in the display routine)
> according to my monitor's profile.

GIMP-1.3 has a working modules framework that allows display filters
to be hooked into the display routine. A display filter based on lcms
would be a welcome addition.

Here are a few pointers if someone is interested in hacking this:

 http://developer.gimp.org/api/1.3/libgimpmodule/
 http://developer.gimp.org/api/1.3/libgimpwidgets/GimpColorDisplay.html
 http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gimp/modules/cdisplay_gamma.c

Salut, Sven