[Gimp-developer] state of libgimptool and assorted hacks

Hi,

since we are approaching completion of code cleanup in the core,
I'd like to ask if the code in libgimptool, libgimpproxy and
plug-ins/tools is still considered to be maintained and being
worked on?

I personally don't believe that we should try to get pluggable tools
into the next stable release. It makes the tools code unnecessarily
complex and it exposes too many internals of the GIMP core. In my
opinion we should postpone pluggable tools to the next development
cycle and remove the code from the HEAD branch now. Comments anyone?

Salut, Sven