Re: [Gimp-developer] *** UI help needed on Gimp-print ***

Hi,

Robert L Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> You'll notice that we've cribbed some code from libgimpui into our
> UI library.  This consists of some of the GIMP widgets that are just
> too useful to pass up.

I think it would have been wise to discuss this step with the GIMP
developers beforehand. I haven't looked at your code so I don't know
which parts you "cribbed" but it seems like a bad idea to have the
same code in two places. Before you rip code out of a library you
should at least contact the authors. Perhaps there's a way we can
avoid maintainence nightmare and make these widgets available to other
projects instead of forcing more people to copy the code.

Salut, Sven