[Gimp-developer] New family driver in Gimp-print

I've just added a new family driver, the "raw" driver.  Initially I'm
going to use this to generate the thumbnail for the Gimp plugin (to
replace the direct calls into the color code, which I'd like to hide
inside the library).  However, this could eventually be used to
generate raw dithered data, and also for various export/conversion
purposes.

I've also added an stp_printer_get_family() call to enable
applications to filter out drivers by family.  I'd also like to use it
so that rather than printdef generating the names stp_escp2_printfuncs
and such, the printer code looks up the correct printfuncs by family
name.  This will require the ability for family drivers to register
themselves (well, it doesn't have to, but it would be nice).

Stuff is actually happening on the mainline, even if the externally
visible effects are very few and far between.  Most of the work is API
cleanup and such, but it's going to be a much better base for future
work when it's done.  There's still not quite enough there to really
add new functionality, but things are heading in the right direction.
We can probably keep 4.2 going for another 6-12 months, although
there's definitely some pressure on the color matching front.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx

--Eric Crampton