[Gimp-developer] Just managed to build HEAD GIMP with autotools on Win32...

I finally had time to try again, and after some head scratching and
Makefile.am munging, succeeded. I built all the libraries that get
built as shared libraries on Unix as DLLs, while Hans's MSVC Makefiles
build many (most?) as static libraries.

Any accidental breakage of Unix builds should be relatively easy to
fix.

The gimp.sym file seemed to have obsolete contents. I replaced it with
the functions used by libgimptool and libgimpwidgets. I had to add a
"glue" file for libgimptool, to enable the dynamic linking to the main
executable, either gimp.exe or tool-safe-mode.exe (?).

Building the plug-ins, and a closer inspection of what works and what
is broken will have to wait until next week. I'm leaving for a short
vacation tomorrow.

--tml