Re: [FilmGimp] Re: [Gimp-developer] Film Gimp and GIMP

Hi,

"Stephen J Baker" <sjbaker@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> So, I was pointing out that floating point imagery is soon going to
> be important to many other user communities outside of the film industry
> and it follows that floating point images ought to be loadable, editable
> and save-able from within mainstream GIMP.
>
> IMHO, that's a better route to take than going to 16 bit or even integer
> 32 bit.

the plan is not to have 16 bit or 32 bit or floats but to offer a
framework that allows to handle image data more or less independently
of its representation. GEGL is the framework and it already supports
floating point, 8bit and 16bit integer. Adding more data formats
shouldn't a the major problem.

Salut, Sven