[Gimp-developer] Re: Film Gimp and GIMP

Raphaël,

>> For an up-to-date GIMP contributor list see the bottom of
>> http://filmgimp.sourceforge.net/people/index.html .
>
> As you have probably seen in the recent discussions on the
> gimp-developer mailing list, it is not easy to get a correct list of
> As you have probably seen in the recent discussions on the
> gimp-developer mailing list, it is not easy to get a correct list of
> contributors.  ;-)  Looking only at the CVS commits or at the authors
> of the ChangeLog entries is unfortunately not fair to those who do not
> have CVS write access and whose patches are committed by someone else.
> Let's see what comes out of the discussion on the gimp-developer
> mailing list.

The point is that the ChangeLog is more accurate than the credits list on
GIMP's own Web site. Because I brought the topic up, the GIMP list is now
debating how best to put together a perfect contributor list. Some people
feel that being fair means being perfect sometime later, but I think that
being fair involves doing your best with what you have now.

For the time being anyway, the Film Gimp Web site has a more accurate list
of GIMP contributors than GIMP's own Web site. When you have something
better please let me know so I can update our Web page appropriately.

> Some users or developers would like Film Gimp to become
> more and more independent from the GIMP, without attempting to
> converge whenever possible.

We are independent. It is only certain people who imagine otherwise. ;-)

Cheers,

Robin
www.FilmGimp.org
www.LinuxMovies.org