Re: [Gimp-developer] Film Gimp and GIMP

Thus spoke Patrick McFarland
> because the development teams dont communicate enough. I agree with a lot of
> what you said, but in the end, its silly to have two branches like this.

Maybe not.  Consider that having competing branches can push the advancement
of both.  This is true of any research or commercial development.  In this
case, the discussion on 16bit support has been nudged yet again - perhaps
enough to make real progress in the mainline.  Who knows?

Competition - even within branches of the same project - can be a very good thing.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |           Assassins do it from behind.