Re: [Gimp-developer] how does undo currently work

I'll try to clarify for you.

Could u explain what the meta information is based on? In order to accomplish an
undo, would this meta information be used to perform the inverse of an
operation?

A situation where I dont think the meta information would make sense
would be: when resizing an image (u lose pixels), so I think you would
have to keep the former image completely in memory and not rely on meta
information to bring it back (via a computation/operation that is an
inverse of the original) for the undo.

If the above is still not sinking in, it is simply my attempt to try and
understand in *further detail* (than your response below) how the undo
system works.