Re: [Gimp-developer] Fw: [Gimp-user] Directory for User-Defined Scripts

Looks like the script dir is missing from the preferences.
Submit to bugzilla.

But, it's in ~/.gimp-1.2/scripts

so say on Windows2000, it would be

/Documents and Settings/cameron/.gimp-1.2/scripts

Once you install a script, you can do Xtns->Script-Fu->Refresh
to reload the scripts without restarting gimp.

thanks,

Cameron

Kevin Myers wrote:

Sent this to gimp users but no response there, so thought I would try
gimp-developers since this is script related.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.

Kevin M.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Myers" <KevinMyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "gimp users" <gimp-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 1:22 PM Subject: [Gimp-user] Directory for User-Defined Scripts

Hello,

I'm using gimp 1.2.4 under Windoze 2K, and am about to embark upon

creating

some script-fu scripts. For plug-ins, there is a Directories->Plug-Ins
setting in the gimp Preferences dialogue where you can specify the

directory

for user-defined scripts.  Reading Mike Terry's web pages on script-fu, it
appears that there ought to be a similar setting for scripts, but there
isn't one as far as I can tell.  How does the gimp know where to find
user-defined scripts?

I would strongly prefer not to add my scripts to the gimp installation
directory along with the install supplied scripts. Also, I would like for
my scripts to be available to all users on my machine, rather than only to

specific user, so I would prefer to have my user-defined scripts directory
under "\Documents and Settings\All Users", rather than under the
subdirectory for the installing user which gimp appears to use by default.

Thanks in advance for any help.

s/KAM