Re: [Gimp-developer] Mouse Coordinates for gimp Script or Plug-in

Hi Mike -

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I really don't want to have to deal with a separate preview window.  The
images that I deal with are huge, and that would just consume even more
memory and desktop space, and make the application that I envision seem to
be even less "integrated".

An "ugly hack" similar to what you suggested could work for my needs.  A
similar solution might be to provide the coordinates of the mouse click
directly through the standard API calls to the plug-in.  I don't know if
that would require any substantial changes to the API, but obviously that
would be undesirable if so.  In any case, the hack that you mentioned would
work.

One possible selection of which mouse coordinates to use would be easy in my
mind:  It would be the coordinates where the mouse was located when the user
right-clicked to get the menu that started the plug-in.  If some other
mechanism was used to start the plug-in that did not require a mouse click
within the displayed image boundaries, then the mouse coordinates could be
either undefined, or preferably a special value like maybe (-1,-1).
However, if there were some way for the plug-in to communicate with the gimp
to request that a selection/mouse click be made, that would probably be even
better.

In any event, at least I know now that my emails are getting through to the
list ok.  Thanks again for your reply.

Regards,
s/KAM