[Gimp-developer] how to make Gimp::Perl script work remotely?

Hi All,
I have a Gimp::Perl script that works fine locally and i wanna make it work through networking. Say, If i start a gimp perl server on a server machine, what should i do to be able to execute the script on a remote machine?I searched online resources and found that on server side, i need to setenv GIMP_HOST to [auth@][tcp/]hostname[:port] for tcp support, but what should i do on client side? do i need to install some client tools on the box or should i modify my script to include gimp::net module?

TIA