Re: [Gimp-developer] "gimp_selection_invert" for a Gimp plug_in under windows

Sven Neumann a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Thierry Tracol <thierry.tracol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I am currently adapting a Unix Gimp plug-in to Windows Gimp.
> > I have a problem because the plug-in is using the
> > "gimp_selection_invert" function which works well with Unix, but it
> > doesn't seem to exist on PC.
> >
> > The function is declared in the windows include "gimpselection_pdb.h",
> > but it is not present in the exported functions list of the
> > "libgimp.dll" dll.
> >
> > The only exported functions in "liggimp.dll" related to selection are :
> > "gimp_selection_save,  _gimp_selection_none, _gimp_selection_load,
> > _gimp_selection_is_empty, _gimp_selection_float, _gimp_selection_clear,
> > _gimp_selection_bounds".
>
> none of the symbols that start with an underscore should be exported.
> If they really are, it's a bug and you should expect that they won't
> be available in the next release.
>
> The symbols related to selections that should be exported are:
>
>   gimp_selection_all
>   gimp_selection_border
>   gimp_selection_bounds
>   gimp_selection_clear
>   gimp_selection_feather
>   gimp_selection_float
>   gimp_selection_grow
>   gimp_selection_invert
>   gimp_selection_is_empty
>   gimp_selection_layer_alpha
>   gimp_selection_load
>   gimp_selection_none
>   gimp_selection_save
>   gimp_selection_sharpen
>   gimp_selection_shrink
>   gimp_selection_translate
>   gimp_selection_value
>
> > Does anybody know how to bypass this problem ?
>
> you could call the PDB function directly using gimp_run_procedure()
> instead of relying on the availability of the C wrappers.

Thank you for your advice. It works when I call the procedure through
gimp_run_procedure.
I am new in the Gimp Plug-in area. Most of the time I prefer to use directly
the Gimp procedure instead of using the gimp_run_procedure.
Is there a big disadvantage in not using gimp_run_procedure ?

> I'd appreciate if you could file a bug-report for this problem. It
> would be even better if you fixed the gimp.def file and attached a
> patch to the bug-report. Perhaps Tor can comment if I'm wrong and
> libgimp/gimp.def is not the right place to fix this.

I will be busy for the 2 next weeks. After I will report the bug.