Re: [Gimp-developer] workaround to bad pixmaps on solaris

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 01:00:27PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Philip Brown <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Just FYI: Xsun with XFree extensions is known to have a problem
> > with certain video cards, which makes some gtk programs that use pixmaps,
> > not display properly.
>
> I think this may be the GDK bug that Federice fixed some days ago:

no, I dont think so.
I was re-reminded of it today, so I'll email the workaround:

compile gtk with --disable-shm, if and only if you see the bad pixmaps.

> since this is definitely not a GIMP problem, your report is slightly
> off-topic though. Please test such things with testgtk and if you can
> reproduce them, report them as GTK+ bug using Bugzilla.

yes, its true it is not a gimp problem. But if people compile gimp and see
wierd stuff, they'll wonder whats going on.
So I think it is good to have this in the archive, and also to let you guys
know in case anyone else bothers you about it :-)