Re: [Gimp-developer] new xinput device: no movement when button down

Philip Brown wrote:
> > BTW, would you try gimp 1.3.7 (or CVS) and try if the problem still
> > persists there? If they behave different we'd have a hint how to
> > fix 1.2. If 1.3.7 has the effect too, we have a bug on both branches :(
>
> I already tried. I was very disappointed to see that you guys seem to be
> following in GNOME's footsteps, and suddenly requiring 3 times the amount of
> library dependancies.

I feel your pain.

This is as good a point to ask as any; in following the
latest incarnation of the crazy dep-chain I ran into a
dead-end finding the mysterious 'fontconfig' (fontconfig
is needed by pango is needed by gtk2 is needed by gimp).
Anyone know where I can find such a thing?  I thought
that it sounded like it was probably part of pkgconfig
(pkgconfig is needed by... etc) but it doesn't seem to
be.

Thanks,
--Adam
--