Re: [Gimp-developer] VIRUS IN YOUR MAIL

On 25 Apr 2002, at 16:04, postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>                            V I R U S  A L E R T
>
> Our viruschecker found the
>
>  W32/Klez.h@MM
>
> virus(es) in your email to the following recipient(s):
>
> -> <e9227474@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

As you can see in the header, the virusmail did not originate from
<gimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> but (probably) from a Japanese
address.

Klez is one of the many Win32 that are so popular because the average
user uses a virus enhancement and propagation tool called MS Outlook.

Klez inserts a random name from the 'victim's addressbook into the
from field of the virus mails it sends out.

In other words, maybe one subscriber of this list has been infected
by the Klez virus, but AFAIK no virus has actually been sent over the
list.

Regards,

--
branko collin