Re: [Gimp-developer] action files in GIMP?

On 17 Apr 2002, at 8:55, Jacobs, Tim W wrote:

> I wondering about the feasibility of translating PhotoShop action
> files into scripts for GIMP. I've already written a parser for
> PhotoShop 6.0 action files using the Adobe Photoshop 6.0 file formats
> specification (don't have the spec for earlier versions) but don't
> know how to interpret what I get out. Can anyone give me any pointers?

I am not a programmer, so I may be talking nonsense here. If I
understand it correctly, the next step would be to translate your
parser output to calls to the GIMP's Procedural Data Base.

I guess the easiest way to do that would be to store the output of
your program as a script-fu script.

The big problem seems to be (to me) matching Photoshop functionality
with GIMP functionality.

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx