Re: [Gimp-developer] Notes from the Guad3c GIMP BOF session

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Stephen J Baker wrote:

> Le mar 09/04/2002 à 15:42, Sven Neumann a écrit :
> > - Four direction menus to reduce mouse movements necessary to
> >   reach a certain menu entry. I'm not sure if I understood this
> >   correctly. Someone should draw some Ascii art to illustrate
> >   this. I don't like the idea.
>
> I've seen this on a number of graphics packages (Maya for example)
> and it does work quite well.

http://www.piemenu.com/  Research, source, examples, etc.

Pie menus are used in The Sims and Maya.  They work well for some
applications (IMO), especially where there is frequent menu navigation,
and I wouldn't mind seeing them as an option within the GIMP.  But as
already pointed out, the familiar list is also a good approach for those
learning the features.  A toggleable switch would be nice.