Re: [Gimp-developer] GNU/Linux vs. Linux

<quote who="Branko Collin" <collin@xxxxxxxxx> when=Fri, 5 Apr 2002 00:46:24 +0200>

> For those who do not know: the OS Linux was built by Linux Torvalds
> in 1991.

Don't mean to be rude but its Linus Torvalds, not Linux Torvalds. :-)
In Ebonics I think that would be "the T man".

The "OS Linux" is just a kernel called Linux, not a complete OS.

> I grepped the current stable CVS (well, that of a few weeks ago) and
> found that a few files (mostly of the documentation type) mention
> Linux instead of GNU/Linux.
>
> Should we change these instances to GNU/Linux?

<RMS impersonation> No matter how much of a GNUisance this might be,
IMO the G in GIMP should be thought of whilst carefully replacing all
the instances of Linux with GNU/Linux. </end impersonation>

Seriously though my vote is for changing them :-)

--
|    ^    | Marlon Sandford                   |    "Carpe Noctum"     |
|   / \   | PO Box 75585 Seattle WA 98125     | http://www.debian.org |
| /{   }\ | Mobile: +44 07855 627468 (London) | http://www.gnu.org    |
|  ^^-^^  | xealon.com/marlon/publickey.txt   | http://www.kernel.org |