[Gimp-developer] activity tracking and graphic regeneration

I am adding some code in gimp so that it can record the drawing
activities I am instereting in. And later, I can generate the exact
graphic I drawed using those recorded data.

Since I did not find much doc about gimp development itself, I am
having a hard time reading through the code. Could someone kindly
give me some suggetion about what data I need to record for the
regeneration?

Thank you,

yuli