Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: availibility of Gobe source code

Hi,

"Branko Collin" <collin@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > I heard that Gobe Productive (http://www.gobe.com/) ships with
> > plug-ins based on source code  from The GIMP and sent them a letter
> > asking for source code. I'm forwarding their answer here...
>
> IANAL, so IMO these are the things you should run by the FSF, just to
> make sure.
>
> (zblt... acronym overload...)
>
> Specifically, I wonder if using GPL'ed plug-ins cause the main app to
> become GPL'ed.

I think the license could indeed be interpreted in that way. Actually
a couple of commercial applications showed up over the years that
definitely (or most probably) use GIMP code to some extent. This is at
least annoying and I wonder if we should start to defend our licence.
On the other hand we might be interested in establishing the GIMP
plug-in protocol and could even benefit from commercial apps
supporting it.

Salut, Sven