[Gimp-developer] GIMP for Windows 1.2.3?

It would seem that GIMP for Windows 1.2.3 is now official, as any
suggestion of it being beta has disappeared from Tor's page, having
been replaced by 'Current release: (GTK+ 2.0.0, GIMP 1.2.3) 2002-03-
10'.

I have not seen any announcement on www.gimp.org or this list, that
is why I am asking: is GIMP for Windows 1.2.3 official?

Also: does this mean the GIMP for Windows' bugs that were still open
are now resolved? I filed the snoise bug report, but have not seen
that bug report closed in Bugzilla.

If so, I would like to send out a press-release about this to digital
photography magazines. Digital Photography has really taken off since
last year, and I think we could harvest some users in that field. The
dedicated magazines seem to assume that all their users will
gleefully steal their Photoshop copies, but I think there may be some
users who want to be legit and still use more sophisticated tools
than those that come with their cameras.

My philosophy is that more users will beget more developers. (I may
be entirely wrong.)

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx