[Gimp-developer] Re: crop via PDB

Hi,

For the plug-in/gap i had a similar problem to implement
crop, resize, and scale for all frames of an animation.

For the INTERACTIVE mode of Video/Frames Crop (Scale, Resize)
plug-ins i had to re-implement the dialogs of those tools
(see copy of app/resize.c in plug-ins/gap)
that was a hack in GIMP-1.2.2.

Many Tools should have a PDB interface for Interactive
calls in future GIMP versions (1.4 or 2.0?) and even should save the last_values like
plug-ins do. further the structure of the last_values
buffer should be described (registered).

        Example of registration see:
           http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=1962

Then tools like Curves, Hue-Saturation and many more
could be use in "animated Filtercalls"
(GAP Menu Filter All Layers) with varying values.

Yours Wolfgang Hofer  <hof@xxxxxxxx>

----------- original messeage -----

        > Will new Gimp versions include PDB access to the
        > various editing tools? Or is access currently
        > available? The reason I ask is that I'm writting a
        > plug-in to help me automate manual postprocessing of
        > freshly scanned images (manual processing is
        > required).
        > To simplify the task, I need to automatically bring up
        > the cropping tool with predetermined x-y offsets and
        > predetermined length and width set in the dialog box.
        > But I don't see a way to start the cropping tool from
        > the PDB.

        Now, if you mean actually bring up the tool, no there is no way of doing that.
        But the crop functionality is there.

        Happy GIMPing,

        Seth

2,000,000,000 Web Pages--you only need 1. Save time with My Lycos.
http://my.lycos.com