Re: [Gimp-developer] Planned breakage in plug-in API and PDB for 1.3.x or 2.x

Hi,

RaphaXl Quinet <Raphael.Quinet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > From the other side, can users define their own interactive tools?
> > (How do they get added to the toolbox?)
>
> That should probably be done with a module, but how to add the tools to
> the toolbox has not been discussed yet, AFAIK.

not discussed, but already implemented ;-) The CVS version has
preliminary support for pluggable tools that can be either loaded as
a plug-in (separate process) or as a module. I haven't looked at
the implementation details yet.

Actually I was planning to answer to your proposal in more depth.
There are a lot of good ideas you've brought up. However I don't have
the time to do this now. I'd only like to state that I'd prefer to
get gimp-1.4 out before we considerably break the plug-in API.

Salut, Sven