Re: [Gimp-developer] Menus, keybinding et al, first draft

On Saturday 16 February 2002 06:59, Marco Lamberto wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
> >        Zoom In                 + [Yes, changed, a bit more logical, no?]
> >        Zoom Out                -
>
> If you have an US keyboard you'll notice that while the minus "-" is
> immediatly accessible, the plus "+" is obtained by pressing Shift + "=". I
> think that "+"/"=" it's a faster keybinding for an US-keyboard layout user.
> What about of a bit "nationalized" keyboard layout, they should be selected
> through the Options menu and NOT by using the locale, just because it's
> possbile that someone uses a keyboard layout different from the specified
> locale (just think a programmer often needing "{}" ).

I agree, = should also work as a Zoom In key. I really like the keyboard
"nationalisation" thing. I use a Dvorak keymap myself (on a Qwerty keyboard,
but that's beside the point) which means that some key combinations get
rather cumbersome without some form of remapping (for example, the z is
located underneath the / key. As my right hand is on the mouse when drawing,
I need to move my left hand to the righthand side of the keyboard to be able
to do right-control-z. Being able to remap it to Ctrl-; would be very nice,
then I could just use the normal Qwerty Ctrl-z keycombo again.

Lourens
--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key