Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: [Gimp-user] Opening Photoshop Files

Hi,

Raphael Quinet <quinet@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> We need a big merge and re-write of GFig, GDynText, the FreeType
> plug-in, the Path tool and the layers dialog in order to make all of
> this possible.  This is not a trivial task.  I am not opposed to it
> and I think that it would be a very good idea.  Unfortunately, nothing
> will happen until someone has the time (and skills) to implement these
> nice features.

I hope do be able to complete the new text tool anytime soon and it
is supposed to give you even better rendering than gimp-freetype
combined with the features of GDynText. Development on this tool
has stalled a little but I'm planning to take up work on it soon.

Let's see what we can do about the path tool. Simon started to hack on
this, but I have no idea how far he's come. On the other hand we
should probably decide on the feature-set for 1.4 soon and I don't
think we should try to add sophisticated stuff like vector layers to
1.4 since it would probably delay the release too much.

Salut, Sven