Re: [Gimp-developer] [Fwd: Gimp PSD plugin - SEGV when opening files]

Adam D. Moss wrote:
> Hi guys and gals,
>
> Could someone with a good collection of .psd files please
> test this against the PSD plugin to make sure it doesn't
> break anything that was not broken before, and if it
> checks out okay commit it to 1.2 and 1.3?  I'm afraid I
> don't have the time for GIMPy stuff at the moment to test
> it myself.
>
> Cheers,
> --Adam

Hi,

I just downloaded the whole source tree of gimp-1.2.2, patched the psd plugin
and built the tree. Now, when copying the built psd to
/usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins I get an error when starting gimp and PSD files
don't get opened at all (unknown file type). I do not want to overwrite my
installed gimp with the freshly built. Is it possible just to replace the psd
plugin? Maybe someone can send me the build psd plugin for linux with an
instruction on how to replace the file.

TIA
Marco