Re: [Gimp-developer] Module or plug-in for embedded control of GIMP?

Michael Terry wrote:

> If I could access the image manipulation functions through a plug-in that
> remained resident, that would work, but a plug-in is unloaded once its
> method (whether query or run) is finished (if I understand correctly).

I've done a couple of things like this. The simpler is a system for
doing some common batch processing of images. Try looking at

  http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/dbp.html

for the code. It requests lots of operations from the Gimp. Note that
it processes the images and returns once the OK button is pressed -
if you don't call gtk_main_quit() (or whatever it is), your plugin
keeps going.

--
David Hodson  --  this night wounds time