Re: [Gimp-developer] Module or plug-in for embedded control of GIMP?

Michael Terry (mterry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> I am actually trying to control the GIMP through Java, which is my interest
> in creating a module. But if what you say is true -- you cannot add
> arbitrary modules to the GIMP at this time -- then I'll hard-wire some code
> into the app for now. But if I can interface to the GIMP in a portable,
> modular way, I'll do that -- I just haven't discovered the "right" way to do
> that yet. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

It depends what you want to control. The Image manipulation functions
are available via the PDB (Procedural Data Base) and can be used in
plugins, for example a plugin that exports the PDB to a Java interface.

However it is not possible to control the GUI (interactive dialogs)
via the PDB.

Bye,
        Simon
--