Re: [Gimp-developer] XCF support added to ImageMagick

On 16 Dec 2001, at 14:58, Sven Neumann wrote:
> "Branko Collin" <collin@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I am not trying to advocate XCF as a format for the exchange of
> > images, but I do think that if for instance the authors of
> > ImageMagick want to support it, they may have a good reason for
> > that.
>
> my whole point was that we should try to come up with a reasonable
> interchange format for multi-layered images instead of using XCF which
> isn't really well-suited for this task. Introducing XCF support into
> various other apps will make that even more difficult. Perhaps I'm
> thinking too idealistic here...

Don't ever stop being idealistic! :-)

However, there may be a real world need for XCF support in other apps
right now. The ImageMagick team might be better equiped to judge
wether they need XCF support than we do.

Also, if some entity decides they need XCF support, they should run
into a brick wall when they try and find out more from us.