Re: [Gimp-developer] XCF support added to ImageMagick

Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> Leonard Rosenthol <leonardr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I just thought I'd let you folks know that I just checked support for
> > reading (writing will come later) XCF files to the ImageMagick library
> > (http://www.imagemagick.org).
> >
> > Right now you'd need to get it via CVS, BUT it will be part of the
> > standard 5.4.1 distribution due on Friday.
>
> if you ask me, this is a bad idea and wasted time and effort, but I
> guess it's too late now to discourage you from trying to read XCF.

I'm glad you didn't ask Sven, I think xcf support in imagemagick is really
cool.  One less thing to worry about when scripting.

There will be a new version of xcf eventually - so what?  I'll use
imagemagick today, and if no-one finds it worth the time implementing
support for the new(er) version(s) I'm no worse off than if it hadn't been
available at all.

Thanks for the work Leonard Rosenthol,

-- René
ps: and thanks for your's, Sven Neumann, gimp is good.