Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: your so called optimizations and why we don't like them

On  4 Dec, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Using them for error reporting is definitely a bad idea. Using a
> negative value to indicate that a value has not been set and needs to
> be computed is IMO a reasonable usage.

On a side note: I found it quite often that the return value is set
to something in case it's real value couldn't be computed, this is
also some form of error indication which I'd like to avoid: A function
fails or succeeds and in either case appropriate steps have to be taken;
just propagating the error code down to the original caller in the hope
to catch it there is IMHO a bad idea.

--
Servus,
       Daniel