Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Bug week like thing for GIMP?

On 25 Nov 2001, at 17:53, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
> collin@xxxxxxxxx (2001-11-25 at 1551.38 +0100):

> > Are there any other such ideas that have been floating around?
>
> Intro (or task oriented) tutorials maybe, instead of the typical web
> page you create an publish, waiting feedback. IOW do a live class so
> people can ask questions, and then the final web page covers problems
> users had when trying the planed steps.

I can see how that could be useful. You could have a Basic GIMP Stuff
tutorial, for those who never looked further because they felt GIMP
has a complicated UI, and then some advanced layer&channel juggling
in another session. You could have a one hour session every 8 hours
of one day, so that all users get a chance to join in.

I remember from learning to use Adobe Illustrator that actually
seeing somebody using the program (in this case on a video tape)
helped a lot. There are all kinds of small things in complex programs
like Illustrator or GIMP that get one small mention in the manual,
but make life a lot easier. Of course, showing how to do stuff won't
really be easy over the net. Have you got any experience with giving
tutorials like this?

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx