Re: [Gimp-developer] ANNOUNCE: GIMP 1.3.0

On 13 Nov 2001, at 23:22, Rebecca J. Walter wrote:
> On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 23:23, degger@xxxxxxx wrote:

> > FWIW there is a 1.3.0 target in bugzilla though I think it's not
> > correct to have one.
>
> Having one is better than having people submit to 1.2 versions.  Is
> there a way in bugzilla to have it there but have bug reports refused
> or an autoresponse that says bug reports are not accepted on that
> version right now?

Can somebody explain to me why bug reports are A Bad Thing in this
case?

I can understand that with code that is changing fast, yesterday's
bug report can be yesterday's news, but if bug reports are of no use
at all (in other words, the developers only fix the problems they can
find themselves), then why release the software in the first place?
To me, a release either means the software can be used or it can be
tested.

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx