(Fwd) Re: [Gimp-developer] convert amp files

I sent this to the list when it was down and it bounced, so I'll try
again this time.

From:           	Branko Collin <collin@xxxxxxxxx>
To:             	regis rampnoux <regisr@xxxxxxxxx>,gimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        	Re: [Gimp-developer] convert amp files
Date sent:      	Wed, 31 Oct 2001 00:29:25 +0100

On 28 Oct 2001, at 13:39, regis rampnoux wrote:

> I need to convert amp files for Photoshop to curves files for "The
> Gimp". Is someone have a software to do this?
>
> The files comes from ink manufacturers.

Hi Regis,

I do not know of any such tool or plug-in. Just writing the
conversion software should not be too difficult, though. Just as
Photoshop, GIMP supports both a spline and level (?) based way of
curves.

GIMP can import and export its own curves, but it would seem only of
the spline kind.

However, you can use the functions in the procedural database to map
AMP files to something you can save as a GIMP curve.

There's good documentation of both PhotoShop formats and of Catmull
Rom splines to be found on the net.

Good luck,

branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx