Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: GIMP Tip of the Day messages

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 06:53:24PM +0200, Raphael Quinet <quinet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As Sven already mentioned, the solution would consist of adding a new

I would also agree that the header idea is best, HOWEVER, Sven
surprisingly offered that it would be 10 minutes or so to use xml (he
seemed almost eager to do it), so I am undecided on what is the simplest
solution.

I'd be for the header idea myself, not liking the idea of adding xml
parsing to gimp for just one file. But the idea is when we do that for
one file we might do that for other files (not svens idea), and xml is
certainly broader known to people than the current fileformat.

>     application.  The size of the initialized data will be increased
>     by 6 KB.

and, as I mentioned, you don't usually pay for data you don't access.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|