[Gimp-developer] Re: configure error in cvs

I misgave my autoconf version.  Debian unstable uses some runtime
autodetecting that looks at the extensions to configure scripts.  If gimp
needs autoconf 2.50 it should be using configure.ac if i remember correctly,
.in is depreciated and associated with 2.13.  Perhaps that's part of the
reason why this error is occuring for me.    I do have the latest gnu
building environment that debian unstable offers.  That is 2.52 .