Re: [Gimp-developer] Copyrights and licenses

On 4 Sep 2001, at 13:54, Sven Neumann wrote:
> "Branko Collin" <collin@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Should perhaps somebody else send this e-mail? I can imagine that a
> > mail coming from a gimp.org address would look more official. I
> > would be glad to give you my list of 'offending' scripts and
> > authors.
>
> if you like me to do, I can send the mail.

That would be perfect.

> I want to wait however until you have the list of plug-ins / scripts ready.

OK. I will look further into it today.

I do not know if I need to mention this, but the patterns included
with WinGIMP come with their own license (see helentr.txt in the GIMP
directory). This license gives a bigger freedom to the user, but it
is not the GPL. (The GPL faq names a more inclusive license as a good
alternative for small files, so I do not think this is that big a
problem, but this seems to be the right place and time to mention
it).

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx