Re: [Gimp-developer] Need quick development workstation

Hi,

Winston Chang <winstonc@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I wrote the GIMP unsharp mask plugin a while back and I'm looking to add a
> preview window to it.  I wrote the code just now and I tried to compile
> the latest CVS tree but the GIMP won't build at all for me.  I don't know
> much about autoconf, but I assume I have to run autogen.sh or autoconf.
>
> autogen.sh complains:
>   Testing gettextize...
>   too old! (Need (0.)10.38, have 10.35)
>
> and autoconf makes a configure script that complains:
>  ./configure: line 570: syntax error near unexpected token `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE($PACKAGE,'
>  ./configure: line 570: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE($PACKAGE, $VERSION, no-define)'
>

> Anyway, I don't feel like going to the trouble of updating my libraries or
> whatever it is I need for this little modification, so if I could have
> short-term ssh (with X) access to a machine that can build the latest CVS
> branch, I'd really appreciate it.  I promise not to do anything bad --
> besides, you should have the latest patches installed anyway. :-)

all I can offer you is to help you with upgrading your libraries. The files
HACKING and README should give you a good overview of what you need. If you
have problems, ask.

So you are working on plug-in preview. Did you consider to resurrect the
code or at least the idea of a generic preview suitable to be used by all
(or most) plug-ins? I think now is a good time to add such a feature since
almost all plug-ins would benefit a lot from having a preview and it does
IMO not make sense to duplicate the same code all over the place. The code
I'm speaking about can be found at

  ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/users/amundson/gimp_plugin_preview-0.29.tar.gz

Salut, Sven