[Gimp-developer] Re: current gimp status and a patch for apply_lens.

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 11:42:20AM +0200, Michael Natterer wrote:
> David Odin <dindinx@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 08:38:57PM +0200, David Odin wrote:
> > >
> > >    Hi,
> > >
> > >  I'm using current HEAD cvs of the Gimp.
> > >  I've seen that all the filter plugins which use a GTK interface are
> > > crashing. Is this a known bug and is this due to the switch to the
> > > version 2.0 of gtk+? Is there anything I can do to help fixing this?
> > >
> > > I've notice that plugins use gtk_signal* fonctions while the gimp
> > > application (under the app directory) use g_signal* ones. This lets me
> > > think the plugins are not yet converted to use gtk+-2.0.
> > >
> > > If you can tell me what need to be changed for the migration, I'll be
> > > happy to fix all these plugins.
> > >
> >   To be more precise, here are the plugins I've seen crashed on
> > invocation :
> >   - destripe,
> >   - NL filter,
> >   - gflare,
> >   - gimpressionist,
> >   - gfig,
> >   - gdyntext,
> >   - imagemap,
> >   - jpeg.
>
> Hi David,
>
> all the plug-ins you mention are currently excluded from CVS HEAD build
> because we didn't get around fixing them (mostly GtkText -> GtkTextView
> migration needed). Seems you have old 1.2 plug-in binaries hanging around
> which badly crash...

  Oops! You are right (Sven also is right). In fact, these were old 1.3
plugins (from the early stage of the 1.3 branch...)

> The ongoing presence of gtk_signal_foo() stuff in the plug-ins is
> however perfectly ok, since gtk 2.0 offers wrappers around the new
> GLib signal stuff. We will do some kind of perl mass processing of
> the plug-ins at some point to remove this Gtk 1.2 compat cruft.

  Ok. So we should let perl do this stuff.

> Any yes, patches to make them compile again are welcome :-)

  Well, at least to make the jpeg plugins to compile (and works!) again,
I just had to remove the '#' in front of its definition in
plugin-defs.pl. Did I miss something important?

     Regards,

               DindinX

--
dindinx@xxxxxxxxxx